God,you know I hate this video (laugh). Nothing against you, Mario, its me. I look so stupid running away from your camera that each time I see this video, I close my eyes for few seconds until that portion of film disappears (laugh). Other than that I like it, and I like the show equally.
Its been such a long time since I saw your show last. This one differs than others in that all the paintings are fairy large relative to other works I've seen of yours and quite abstract and colorful.
Of the paintings I like the horizontal linear works most, though I prefer the one by the end of aisle than "Incognito" piece. Why? Don't ask me (laugh). Well, let me think. You know I've done some horizontal lattice type of pieces when I was working on "Wall" pieces back in early 80's except mines was more columnar with height far longer than width. When that happens to me it becomes more like a ladder or stairway with a vertical hierarchy. And I think like 'Stairway to Heaven', it symbolically represents heaven to earth and/or hell(laugh) relationship. I was experiencing 'nirvana' when I was painting up and down these columnar wall pieces laugh). On the other hand, I think when horizontal lattice type piece go horizontally long, I then sense a symbol for Time probably because graphs or charts in history classes go left to right horizontally. Your work however, neither goes vertically or horizontally. Like tv gone berserk, strips of lines feel as though they are moving, but to nowhere except to the "Twilight Zone" And so to me these paintings of yours are like like the tv show of that name and also to similar one "Outer Limit", more I look, the more it seems to take me to a mysterious dimension. In that sense the title of one of these, I believe, "Incognito" seemed appropriate. Well I like to see you take me more into these mysterious zone of your creation till I freak out (laugh).
Gee this comment ended up getting longer than I intended again. I like the sculptures a lot too, but will comment on them some other time.
The music was great by the way. I noticed and appreciated a lot more while writing comments.
1 comment:
God,you know I hate this video (laugh).
Nothing against you, Mario, its me. I look so stupid running away from your camera that each time I see this video, I close my eyes for few seconds until that portion of film disappears (laugh). Other than that I like it, and I like the show equally.
Its been such a long time since I saw your show last. This one differs than others in that all the paintings are fairy large relative to other works I've seen of yours and quite abstract and colorful.
Of the paintings I like the horizontal linear works most, though I prefer the one by the end of aisle than "Incognito" piece. Why? Don't ask me (laugh). Well, let me think. You know I've done some horizontal lattice type of pieces when I was working on "Wall" pieces back in early 80's except mines was more columnar with height far longer than width. When that happens to me it becomes more like a ladder or stairway with a vertical hierarchy. And I think like 'Stairway to Heaven', it symbolically represents heaven to earth and/or hell(laugh) relationship. I was experiencing 'nirvana' when I was painting up and down these columnar wall pieces laugh). On the other hand, I think when horizontal lattice type piece go horizontally long, I then sense a symbol for Time probably because graphs or charts in history classes go left to right horizontally. Your work however, neither goes vertically or horizontally. Like tv gone berserk, strips of lines feel as though they are moving, but to nowhere except to the "Twilight Zone" And so to me these paintings of yours are like like the tv show of that name and also to similar one "Outer Limit", more I look, the more it seems to take me to a mysterious dimension. In that sense the title of one of these, I believe, "Incognito" seemed appropriate. Well I like to see you take me more into these mysterious zone of your creation till I freak out (laugh).
Gee this comment ended up getting longer than I intended again. I like the sculptures a lot too, but will comment on them some other time.
The music was great by the way. I noticed and appreciated a lot more while writing comments.
Kane
Post a Comment